Your latest Footcare Tips
Brought to you by our Professional Podiatrist
1. A disposable bowl is used in the foot spa every time you have a pedicure or foot spa treatment, eliminating the possibility of any cross contamination or cross infection.
2. You can have a relaxing foot spa treatment even if you have a verrucae or a fungal nail since your foot will be soaked in a disposable bowl which is then thrown away.
3. Kelly, the beauty therapist wears gloves with every pedicure.
4. All instruments and files that are used are sterilised.
5. CND shellac is the only gel nail product used by the beauty therapist and is for professional use only and can only be purchased when the appropriate certificates are presented.
6. CND shellac does not require any buffing of the natural nail unlike other gel polishes which in time can lead to weak thin nails.
7. Dr.Remedy nail varnish is the only nail varnish that is used and held in stock to purchase at the Surgery. It has been developed by Podiatric Surgeons in the USA who have a special interest in nail care. They realized a top reason patients come into their office was because of brittle, discoloured nails, often associated with the harsh chemicals found in nail polish.
8. The Dr.Remedy nail varnishes are free of formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, parabens, and phthalates—all potential carcinogens.
9. All beauty treatments are carried out in a private room within a relaxed atmosphere.
10. Any foot problems or concerns with your feet that Kelly may encounter can be referred to the Podiatrist.
Anita and I were honoured to be invited to the 2015 Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists Awards Lunch at the prestigious House of Lords.
We enjoyed catching up with colleagues and friends within the Podiatry profession who had made some great achievements in their Podiatry careers. The day began with a greeting from Lord Kennedy of Southwark, Chairman’s welcome followed by the Long service, citation and meritorious awards.
After lunch there was more opportunity to socialise with friends and to make new acquaintances.
Anita said it was apparent throughout the day that all the Podiatrists attending seemed to be happy in their choice of career even those that had been practicing for many years. Podiatry has so many facets to it now and it was great to meet with those that have their own private clinics, those working in the NHS, those involved in research, as well as the very valuable lecturers and heads of the Schools of Podiatry.
Anita and I have now been In the Podiatry Profession for 28 years and have embraced the changes and advancements. Anita and I have been able to expand our Practices in order that we may be able to provide more onsite services such as foot scanning, prescribing orthotics as well as the fitting and supply of footwear.
All this means that we are constantly looking at new ways to make improvements. We feel that the support of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists has been of great benefit to us.
Then try this Unisex collection of nail colour & healthy Way to disguise nail discoloration.
Dr Remedy neutral polishes are fast becoming a secret grooming weapon for men with problem nails.
More and more Male patients are requesting products that will hide a discoloured toe nail and these neutral toned lacquers do just that says Dr.Cirlinicione,Dr Remedy co-founder.
With a pair of totally wearable near naked neutrals-which work wonders to counteract yellow nails-plus a unique new matte topcoat to seal that natural look that lets you seal your look instantly-without any shine –this universally flattering easy to wear collection appeals to men and women.
We are proud to be one of the first Podiatry surgeries in Essex to stock and supply the Dr Remedy collection of nail colours.
At the Basildon surgery the onsite beauty therapist will also professionally apply the varnish for you.
Consult your podiatrist if you start to develop pain when walking, or consider a visit before embarking on your new walking programme.
The main role of the podiatrist is to help you; to maintain normal mobility and function in the feet and lower limbs.
Podiatrists provide the basis for the ideal walking style and posture and identify any conditions that may require further referral and management.
They also relieve pain; treat infections as well as treating skin, nail, soft tissue and connective tissue problems.
This is achieved in conjunction with other members of a multi-disciplinary health care team. Podiatrists can also give expert advice on footwear, so it is a good idea to take your walking shoes with you when you go to see your podiatrist
As well as Podiatry services offered at the Basildon and Romford surgeries you are able to come in and have a foot scan and be professionally fitted for shoes that feel good as well as look good.
There is a wide range of shoes trainers, sandals, slippers and sports flops for you to try.
Our Foot wear consultants will advise and fit you out to your individual needs.
We believe that if you are comfortable and pain free in your shoes then you are more likely to keep on walking.
New research* from The College of Podiatry shows that 90 per cent of men and women experience some sort of foot problem, with 20 per cent admitting to suffering with foot pain often or constantly. Despite this, only 23 per cent of people who have suffered a foot problem have sought professional help and 16 per cent admit to ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away. When it comes to professional help, four in 10 don’t what a podiatrist does.
The most common foot problems suffered in the UK include:
A Podiatrist can help you
If you suffer with any of these problems or indeed any other foot pain then do not hesitate to call for advice or to make an appointment.
On Basildon 01268 553653 or Romford 01708 728498
Small steps can make a huge difference
You know you want to begin a walking fitness program, but don't know where to start? It's easy! Walking is one of the easiest and most profitable forms of exercise. All you need is a good pair of shoes, comfortable clothing, and the will and desire to succeed.
Start by making small but important changes to your daily routine such as:
Shoes and socks are so important
At our surgeries we have foot wear consultants that can fit you out with the right shoe for you as well as a thorough foot wear assessment and foot scan that can give you further information about your feet.
You may require insoles or orthotics.
Basildon 01268 553653 or Romford 01708 728498
If you are going on a long walk, prepare well ahead.
- Take your shoes for a ‘trial walk’ and build up the distance gradually don’t try to complete a long walk in one go .Pace yourself so that you build up your time.
- It’s also a good idea to pay a visit to your local HCPC-registered podiatrist who will be able to give advice, and treat any existing foot conditions.
- Will be able to recommend creams that can be applied before and after a walk.
- Advice regarding socks.
- Advice regarding the right footwear for you.
- You may require insoles or orthotics that will help you walk in comfort.
- You must always seek advice or treatment from a podiatrist as soon as you start to experience any pain with your feet as this can prevent a further bigger problem from occurring that could potentially stop you from walking.
Call today for your free foot scan and to discover your foot type.
Basildon 01268 553653 or Romford 01708728498
This year’s theme is Keep on walking.
- If you are looking to get fitter and healthier, why not undertake an activity that comes naturally to us all.
- Walking is good for you, free and can fit around even the busiest lifestyle.
- The College of Podiatry’s annual Feet for Life Month in June encourage us to put our best foot forward by taking a peek at our feet and getting them summer-ready.
Our feet carry us some 150,000 miles in a lifetime yet most people take their feet for granted until something goes wrong such as:
blisters, bunions, arch, toe or heel pain, ingrown toenails, athlete’s foot, then Suddenly, easy walks can become onerous, runs are no longer fun and dancing is a no-go.
Summer time is the time when our feet are on show the most so it really is time to get them into shape.
Your Podiatrist will help you with this and any foot concerns that you may have.
Why not make a visit to your Podiatrist for a general foot health check.
Don’t delay call for advice or to make an appointment on
Basildon 01268 553653 or Romford 01708728498
- I did it! I ran the marathon!
- The diary of a marathon runner during training 4
- The diary of a marathon runner during training 3
- Basildon Beauty and Laser Clinic
- Supporting Laura Hembling for the London Marathon
- We are raising money for Alzheimer's disease
- The Perfect Christmas Gift?
- 15% Off a Luxury Pedicure
- Home Sweet Home
- Are your feet making you miserable?